Monday, June 12, 2006

The Gong Was Struck

Today my father announced his resignation from Kelowna Gospel Fellowship. As of September 30, 2006, my dad will no longer be their senior pastor. That will be the end of the 17 and a half, almost 18 years of ministry at the church.

I knew it was coming, long time, but most people didn't. It shocked a lot of people, they don't know what to think. Some people are mad, they feel betrayed. Others are confused, most, hopefully, will accept it regardless if they like it or not. I doubt many, if any, will like it.

My dad's going to take a break. He's going to rest, relax, and study. Finish his masters. This wasn't an easy decision. He loves KGF, and KGF loves him. But God said go, so he's going. Where? We don't know. Are we moving? Don't know. Where are we going to end up? Don't know.

But we're going.

3 comments:

ChrisTopher said...

I heard that from my parents!

18 years is a long time. I'm sure he will be missed, but at the same time I'm sure almost everyone will respect the decision as he is following a devine call.

Andrew said...

Dr A
We'll be praying for your fam. No doubt this was a tough decision, but I'm sure he's feeling some release, closure, and freedom in this moment. Rest is good! I hope your dad and entire family can find peace and refreshment in these days.

And in a completely unrelated topic, I forgot to take my shirt off. I am a failure, an insult to the Code. Please forgive me.
- A

Anonymous said...

um...i don't really know a lot about the issue, but i think it will be great for your dad. he can maybe relax alittle bit, you know, chill with his son. hey, you guys could do father son camping! that would be cool.

i would like to know if you are going to move. i'm sure you would blog about it though if or once you find out. if you did, i would like you to move closer. not like i have a say in the matter, but if i did, i would say, "you should move closer" and that would be my one cent. speaking of one cent, i got a flashlight for one cent at the store today. i don't think you care (refering to your blog about stories that are amusing to you but no one else) but if you do, now you know.