Wednesday, September 19, 2007

TV Shows

I like TV. A lot. Probably more than I should. I've got a fair number of favorites, like The Office, Firefly, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Jeopardy, Heroes, Scrubs, House, and more (read: Grey's Anatomy, Beauty and the Geek, anything else I ought to be ashamed of).

So the Emmy's interested me. I didn't watch them (I don't have cable. ha.), but the results are available online. The one that surprised me the most was the winner for "Oustanding Comedy Series". 30 Rock won. I have to admit, I had never seen it before. But seriously, when you go up against the brilliance of Steve Carrell and BJ Novak, you've got to be good to win.

So when 30 Rock won, I assumed it was good. And then I watched two episodes. I'm less than impressed. Sure, there were some moments of genius (read: dancing and hot dogs), but overall it was pretty standard for a comedy series. Racial jokes, physical comedy, make a person feel awkward and "shock" the viewer. It's been done. And done better.

I wish that The Office won.

I also wish that Stephen Colbert won, as now we'll have to put up with his hatred of Jon Stewart (who did win) for another year. Seriously, just because he begs for an Emmy doesn't mean you shouldn't give him one.

Oh well.

Here's to another year of fantastic TV. Who else is going to get up early on Saturday to catch all the new cartoons? No? Let me introduce you to a little something called: SKUNK-FU? Saturday morning. 9AM. WB Network!!

No comments: