Saturday, March 4, 2006

Blog Step No. 1: Choose a Template

Now, one might first be considering why the second step is essentially the first, seeing as I posted step no. 2 before step no. 1. The reasoning being: you must first choose a font before you are able to see your chosen template. Having not yet seen the template, I could not comment upon choosing a template, as really, all I did was click once towards a seemingly suitable template.

I had to pause for a second there to change my font from "Times" to "Lucida Grande". The word grande reminds me of Starbucks, which disgusts me. Not Starbucks (they treat their employees real well), but that I'm reminded of it. I'm supposed to hate Starbucks (suprisingly enough, they actually do offer fair trade prices for their coffee beans, but don't force their laborers to purchase expensive fair trade liscencing, which can often put smaller coffee bean companies under, meaning more profit for both parties involved), though I don't really. I have too many friends that work there.

Anyways, there's one thing that a person ought to be concerned with when selecting a template. It must be rock awesome. If you, yourself, do not think that the template is rock awesome, then your future typed words will not also agree that your template is rock awesome. Let me tell you, my template is rock awesome.

Two reasons it's rock awesome. 1) It's simply green. Now, that may seem like a single point within itself, though slightly misleading. It's not only green, there's lots of white and grey and other shades of other colors that I can't remember at the moment. But yes, the dominant theme is green, as that is the color that draws focus. To my rock awesome blog. Alright. Saying alright reminds me of Mitch Hedberg, rest his stoned soul. Do you want a frozen banana? No, but I want a regular one later, so, yeah...

But alas! I purposefully mislead you! My point being "simply green" is two points within one! It's "simple", and it's "green". Green is good because of those I've spoken with, green looks good on me. Plus my mother likes it, and if my mother enjoys it, well then so be it! Let it be enjoyed! Simple is good because then it's not distracting. While perusing for various places to post particularly petite blogs, I found a number at various sites that were rather.. custom. They were red, or yellow, or pink, with icons and cursive letters (not language, thankfully) and whatnot. Pretty, I guess, but difficult to read and understand. If you want to build a group of gathers, you've got to get simple. And simply my layout/template is. Heck yes.

Point number 2, even though point number one was two, and post two is one, is ironic because it contradicts being simple.

Namely, that I didn't have to do a bloody thing to make it show up other than click and giggle. Which I did. With glee. I didn't have to worry about custom html (though I know it) to meticulously drag out specific aspects of my blog, even though most people probably will because they want to be different. I don't want to be different, because that's what everybody else is doing.

My favorite webcomic, the older stuff is better: www.pvponline.com

No comments: