Saturday, March 4, 2006

Blog Step No. 2: Chose a Font

The first choice when posting a blog is what font will I use. So, what font will I use? Decent question. I've always been partial to Arial, just because it's so smooth and round, like the way that a girl might shape her letters as she grows towards adolescence. Funny word, adolescence. I think I spelt it right. It looks all weird to me now. The problem with Arial is that it's not as easy to read as one might assume. It's the same problem when trying to decipher a letter from an ex-girlfriend, I would suppose. Is that a "u", or an "o"? They're both so flippin' round! Sans serif means without the little tickies on the end of each bloody letter, which for whatever psychological reason or another, means that it's harder for the eyes to read. Looking back over this paragraph, currently in Arial, I can understand that. It all just blends together. Let's see here...

Courier. That's old school. I don't think I want to be thought of as archaic.

Georgia makes me wonder the difference between it and Times New Romans.. are they're cousins or something? I can't see Georgia, which always reminds me of a state for some reason (is it? I'm Canadian, and bloody well ignorant), associating with Italy.

I flip back and forth between "Times", "Georgia" and "Lucida Grande". There's no difference. That confuses me. Don't tempt me with options, blogspot.com, and deny me the pleasure of my text visibly changing! Granted, they're easier on the eyes. Newspaper, you have trained me too well otherwise.

Trebuchet and Verdana (reminds me of a veranda) are similar to Arial. Simply varies in width and roundess. Like the difference between preteen girls, I suppose. Ouch, I'll pay for that one someday.

Finally I decide on Lucida Grande. Not because it's better or worse that Times or Georgia, but because it's exactly the same, but I've never chosen it before. Don't fail me now, blogspot.com. Offer me more than wingdings and pubescent poetics!

This blog's words have been brought to you by: www.dictionary.com

No comments: