Monday, April 10, 2006

Beer, Zombies, and Cell Phones

I like beer. A lot. I won't lie. I really, really, really like beer. I'm not entirely sure why, I've only ever had like, 5 or 6 beers in my life. There is, however, a lust for beer that lives within my gut. I'm fairly sure that my genes have a tendancy to slide towards alcoholism. I think I'm ok with that. I'll just make sure to never have more than one at a time.

Hah.

So this one time we went down to Seattle, and we ended up seeing a zombie (long story, ask me to tell you it in person sometime. Seriously, we saw a zombie. You think I'm joking, or exaggerating. I'm not. It was a zombie.) and that just got blown out of proportion so that we're always talking about zombies. That, and playing with technology while talking about zombies. They call each other on their phones about zombies, they make their computers sing about zombies, and they text message each other about zombies.

So my roommate, without this full knowledge (but will have soon enough), got me a book by Stephen King called "Cell". It's about zombies being created by cell phones. Creepy. Ironic. Definitely awesome.

I am, however, slightly scared to get a cell phone now. I don't want to become a zombie. Especially since I've seen them in person. I do, however, want a beer. Which I'm going to get go in about 30 minutes. I've never felt such an affinity for Homer as I have right now. Beer...

1 comment:

alan.schram said...

I had a pint of Kilkenny. If you've never had it, try it. It's smooth. Real smooth.

Mm.... beer....