Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rejection

I hate getting rejected. This is why I never asked a girl to dance throughout highschool. I feared they may say no. This is why I never try too hard at anything, just in case I fail and feel rejected. This is why I leave friends before they can leave me. This is why I hate job hunting.

This is why I'm surprised I applied for STUCO. I knew there was a chance that I could get rejected. But I wanted to apply, and I wanted to help make this school a better place. So I applied. And I got rejected.

They told me that they wanted to "affirm my capabilities at leading, but.." We learned in Conflict Management that "but" is a verbal eraser, canceling out everything previous to it in a sentence. This isn't the first time my "leadership capabilities" have been tested - and rejected. So maybe I'm not a leader. So maybe I wouldn't best represent the school to the adminstration, or the administration to the school. What does that mean..?

Nothing.

As long as I represent Christ, it doesn't matter who else I represent.

...

But it still hurts.

No comments: