Monday, April 24, 2006

Musings

I moved back home to Kelowna today. I haven't lived here in almost two years, and now I'm back in my parents basement. Typing this up while my parents sleep ten feet above me. The chair I'm sitting in is far too low. But remarkably comfortable. I need something to put my feet on, in the future.

I rearranged. Typing from the lap is an odd feeling for a desktop, yet familiar due to the advent of the laptop. This, however, will not lower my sperm count. As far as I know.

I had a good trip back. It took about an hour to pack everything of mine into the SUV. I have a lot of stuff. More than people that live at home. I guess that makes sense though, because I need to own things that most people rely on their parents for. Like dishes. The SUV was very, very full when I was done with it.

Anyone know of a shortcut for switching tabs in firefox? There's gotta be a way.

We stopped at "The Home Resturant" in Hope. I have gained respect for Hope solely because of this little diner. It was awesome. I had a burger. My stomache is still thanking me for that wonderful decision 10 hours ago. A rocky mountain burger. Patty. Ham. Bacon. Cheese. I ate a pig in two different ways within one burger. Awesome.

I feel asleep a little bit on the ride home. I didn't think I was that tired, but hey, I guess I was. Maybe it was the country music. Or simply the recognition that, sigh, it's all over. It's done. School is done. I'm gone for the summer. A four month prison sentence in a comfortable chair, typing from my lap. I think I'm ok with that. I have a job interview tomorrow already. Maybe, depending on how that goes, I'll drop off some resumes on Wednesday. That, and go to the dentist. My tooth is getting fixed. Thrilling, I assure you.

It's always depressing to write a blog when you really have nothing to say. I read so many blogs every day, good ones, that I just don't feel that I can match up to anything like that. I can't take sweet pictures, I'm not "up to date" on the latest internet developments, and I don't have any great recipies to share. I think I've just entered e-depression.

2 comments:

Stephen Hubbard said...

hot key for switching tabs is CTRL TAB. it's a life saver.

alan.schram said...

You have NO idea how totally PUMPED I was to hear that. I instantly opened up new tabs and just practiced switching through them all.

Oh man, this is so hot.