Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Job Hunt: Day One

So it begins.

I had an interview today, with Costco. That isn't bad for the first day of a job hunt. I had sent my resume and whatnot to a family friend of ours, who works at Costco. He bumped my stuff up a few rounds to the top of the pile, and as a result, I got a job interview. It's infamously difficult to get a job with Costco, so here's hoping.

The interview went as well as I could hope for. They asked questions, I answered them. I asked questions, they answered them, I went home. I think I'm getting better with the interviewing process. I feel better about them afterwards, anyways.

I think it's because I feel more confident in myself, if nothing else. If I feel confident, that'll come across in the interview. That's all that I remember from CAPP (Career and Personal Planning) 10.

So the question for tomorrow is this: Do I wait for a reply from Costco (aprox. 1 week) or do I hedge my bets and go throw my resume at other potential employers? I don't really want to work anywhere else now. I was initally very skeptical about the Costco job, but I think I'd really enjoy it now. I get to pack things into boxes (awesome!) and help people move stuff to their car (awesome!). The neat thing is that I have direct experience with that from The Greenery. I got to help people move stuff to their vehicles. Sometimes it sucked, like when I dropped/broke/lost various plants, but other than that.. it was pretty much alright. Then again, they were usually old, sweet ladies that I was helping. So, we'll see.

1 comment:

Stephen Hubbard said...

doesn't hurt to toss resume's around. if costco calls you back, then it's no harm done.