Friday, May 12, 2006

I Have An Old, Odd Family

Seeing as it's my parent's 25th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, my extended family has come to town. Also, my immediate family has come to town. Whenever you put all of us in the same place at the same time, interesting things happen. I realized today that we're an old family. We do things that I wouldn't normally remember doing, simply because we're all old enough now. More mature. Classier. Also, we're weird.

Things my family actually does:

- Sits around the dinner table, eating an appetizer of aged cheeses, crackers, and wine.
- Discuss the merits of the latest redocation of our bathroom, including the many pitfalls of the toliet in comparison to the potential models retailed at various merchandisers.
- Compares ankles by lunging in the kitchen
- Go out to dinner at the classiest, hippest resturant in town, and complain constantly about the service, making sarcastic statements towards the ability of the waitresses
- Tells the waitress that they have very nice shoes
- Brainstorm ideas for a future vacation plan, probably Hawaii, discussing potential trip details such as flight plans, hotel expenses, tourist destinations, etc.
- Get slightly tipsy off 1/4 cup of wine
- Make amusing comments to the slave servants of the following companies: Wal-Mart, The Gap, and The Greenery

Things I wish my family did:

- Drank beer
- Killed zombies
- Fought crime in the names of truth, justice, and Jesus

2 comments:

ChrisTopher said...

lol...nice.
Do your parents like their bathroom though? I think my dad did the remodel :P

alan.schram said...

Yeah, they're usually pretty pumped about it. I use it way more than they do, and I like it. It's just a little high matience. Low water usage toliet means I have to hold down the handle longer than normal, and the sweet and admittedly sexy shower door leaks sometimes. So that involves cleanup and stuff... but they like it. And most everyone that sees it likes it. Your dad did good work.