Saturday, May 6, 2006

I've been working a lot lately. Last I wrote about Job Hunting and Work, I was and had not. Now I'm not and have lots of. I've gotten two job offers this last week. I want to take both, but since they're with the same company, Costco, I can't. So, I took the one I said yes to first, I think, and then said that I'd pick up a few shifts at the other if I could. So we'll see. That starts May 15th.

In the meantime I went back to my old work at The Greenery. Making boxes. It's awesome. I sometimes bleed. Today I made over 2000 boxes. I was going so fast the friction from the moving cardboard wore a blister into the side of my thumb, which I ignored. When I noticed red splotches on the boxes I was making, I decided to get a bandaid. It was a Dora the Explorer bandaid. I was pretty pumped. The work there can be very hectic, but it's fun. I like the people I work with too. I've been working 9+ hour days though, so it gets tiring. I go to work, come home, sit at my comp and try to not fall asleep. It's 10:12pm right now, and I'm going to go to bed soon. That would be a good decision.

Yesterday I had the day off, however. I went to the beach with Ashley Laird. Ashley is an old friend, and one of the only friends from highschool I have. She and I actually went to preschool together too, but different elementary schools. So we hung out and went to the beach, even though it was cloudy. It was still good and warm though. I had fun just sitting around, talking, or not talking. She described it as "comfortable", as we talked sometimes, and didn't sometimes. It felt pretty darn normal to me. We walked to the old neighborhood convience store which I used to go to during highschool for lunches sometimes. It was a morning of memories. We'd talk about highschool people, 'cause those are really the only people we both know. How they were, what they're doing.

It's weird to hear that people in my highschool are either a) still in their parents basement, doing drugs and working out too much, b) living with their girl/boyfriend and generally moving upwards in the corporate ladder, or c) rich, famous, and on the cover of magazines or winning gold medals.

Awesome.

I think I could filet a fish with an air compressor and some yogurt.

3 comments:

Michael LaRoy said...

thanks for the spelling correction. Which job was it that you took at costco?

alan.schram said...

I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm pretty sure it's the front end stuff. Boxes, carryouts, etc.

ChrisTopher said...

Costco is a good job. Pays decent too :)
But I must say, health care is the bomb digity!