Thursday, May 25, 2006

Life is Work

So, essentially, this is my life:

Work. When I'm not working, I think about work and how long until I'm back at work. Is that good? Sometimes. Not always. Yesterday I worked the door at Costco. If nothing else, it really showed me just how many people I know in Kelowna. I saw people from highschool, including a retired teacher, people from church, and people who I know I know but am not exactly sure how. I worked the door for 8 hours yesterday. The normal shift for the "in" door at Costco is two hours, distributed throughout the day in half hour segments. Otherwise it's just too mundane, boring, and generally terrible for the person working. Did I mention I worked it for 8 hours yesterday?

I got bored.

Today I didn't work the door. I found out I'm being trained as a casher on Monday. I start at 7 that day. I normally start between 11 and 3:30. 7 is early. I also picked up some hours on Saturday morning, also at 7. Apparently we're setting up for my birthday party. Yeah, Costco is having a party on my birthday. Thus, it's my birthday party. And I get paid to be there, setting up.

How awesome is that?

In other news, not much happening. I stay in the house a lot. Eat food. Like popcorn. I bought Guild Wars, so I've been spending some time leveling up my Mesmer/Elementalist. I think I may start a new character, try a different combonation until I find something that I like. Maybe a monk.

I go to watch Wrestling (WWE) with the boys on Monday night. It's not for the show, trust me. However, also on this Saturday "Smackdown" is coming to Kelowna. I was offered some tickets for $30. I'm terribly tempted. Perhaps I'll bring a sign that says "Make love not war", or "Hi Mom" or even "Subtle Innuendo Regarding Your Origins of Birth". So tempted.

I am not productive with my time. I work, and I wait for work to begin again.

I've been worse off.

1 comment:

ChrisTopher said...

Join the club...although my "full time" schedule is 4 days on, and then 5 days off... mind you they are 12 hour shifts and I do 2 days and 2 nights...the shifts run from 0700-1900 and 1900-0700...pretty sweet.

Sounds like you are enjoying costco and getting to do lots of stuff. That's good they don't just keep you doing one thing because that would make the job suck. And that's cool that costco had a party for your birthday! lol...