Sunday, May 28, 2006

$78.50 of Gas

$8.50 bought me two Delissio pizzas. I just ate one of them, minus one slice. Damn you, slice, for being existant after I am already full. The gas is forthcoming.

$70 bought me gas from Chevron - eventually. I think I can count the number of times I've put gas into my own vehicle on one hand. I may have to borrow a finger from the other hand, but I'd doubt it. I'm 20 years old, as of yesterday, and I've hardly ever filled a gas tank. Well, what can I say. I don't like paying for stuff.

So today, after work, I decided I needed to fill up my gas tank. More accurately, the annoying light on my rusted dashboard suggsted such. Thus, a trip to the gas station was in order. It was 7:40, aproximately, on a Sunday next to the Costco parking lot. Costco closes at 5 on Sundays, so the parking lot was empty. Thus, the gas station was also empty. I decided I would use the "express" land so as to not hold anyone up. I still chuckle at my ironic actions. I stumble out of my vehicle and begin the deciphering process. This is what I was thinking.

Insert and remove card. Done deal. Processing. Alrighty then. Cute girl working inside there. Do I want to fill it up? Well, not really. That's too much. Do I want to put in a certain amount, well, yeah.. how much worth? $70 sounds about right. That's what I dropped in last time. That's one days work worth. Driving sucks. Which account is it again? Right. Chequing. PIN. Fun numbers. Ok. Now what. Right. Lift nozzle and lever. Got the nozzle. Oh, right, gotta open the gas tank. Curses. I hope the girl didn't see/hear me twist that damn cap the wrong way. Open. Insert nozzle. Press thingy. Wtf. It's not going. Instructions. Lift lever. The hell is the lever? Normally it's on the side next to the nozzle thingy... Nothing on that side. Or that side. This is embarassing. Good thing no one is here to see me. Except that girl working inside. She's talking on the phone.. good. Must be distracted. Now, instructions again. Lift nozzle and lever. Where's the lever? Do I have to push a button somewhere? That's not a button. Nor is that. I'm confused. Am I going to have to go inside and ask? Oh geez, she's looking at me. Talking on the phone. Is she talking ABOUT me on the phone? There. I sent here my confused look. She's making hand motions. She looks like she picked up a plate off a very low table. The hell does that mean? Alright, I just mimicked her motion with both my hands. That ought to send a "WTF" signal to her. What's she doing? Oh sweet, intercom! Oh, THATs the lever? Point and nod. Keep it smooth. I hope she's not talking to another cute girl. Oh well. Let's fill this beast up. I hate driving.

I did not, in the end, ask her for her phone number.

Although, upon further thought, I should have.

2 comments:

ChrisTopher said...

you tool, lol.

I remember when I first got a car...some gas stations are very confusing!!! I've been intercommed a few times :P

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY man! *sends very large and expensive imaginary present* I hope you like it!

Carrie said...

happy birthday!!!

yeah well i dont drive, but i imagine the gasstation is confusing.

i'm totally missing drumming with you man. my bassists dont even know what the "pocket" is..