Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On Beyond Zebra


Dr. Seuss was brilliant.

Anyways, so I've been thining about what I'm going to do after I graduate from CBC. I have no answer, so that makes me question why I'm dropping $12k a year to graduate from a school I'm going to do nothing with. I know that at one point, I had a plan to like, teach or something after school, meaning go to more school so that I could do that. I suppose I wouldn't mind a masters. It'd be nice to say that to my co-workers at Costco. Yeah. I got a masters.

But now I just don't know why I want to teach, or what'd I want to teach, and if I do want to teach why am I going to bible school isn't that just sorta silly. Bible school is for people who want to go into ministry, isn't it. If I just want to work, and work hard, then I should go to a different school. I should jump on the bloody nursing bandwagon before the train leaves the terminal. How's that for mixing metaphors. I should be a metaphorical bartender. Giggle.

I just know that I feel better at the end of the day when I'm tired. When my body is sore and achy. I know that I love to give 'er all day long as hard and as fast as I can. I like doing manual labour. I know that I don't feel that way after school, so I won't feel that way after teaching. I can "give it my all" mentally, but it's not the same.

So what then? Do I go to school and work hard in the summers, learning trades to support my mental achievements, slowly going farther and farther into debt as I academically wander about?

Yeah.

I guess so. I got nothing better to do.








Other than eat this popcorn.

3 comments:

Michael LaRoy said...

How many people go to bible college only to play in a band afterwards? Well, there's at least 5....and the Left, forgot about them. Keep on sluggin', these things tend to take time, and more often than not figure themselves out. Or you'll have an extremely difficult choice at some point. How's that for encouragement? ;) I miss you Alan, and your perspective on things. We should grab a beer when you're back for school in the fall!

alan.schram said...

Done.

I miss beer. And school. And quality music.

ChrisTopher said...

You should totally jump on the nursing bandwagon man! After 1 year of school you can work as a care-aide and make just over 20 bux an hour, then after 2 years of school, you can work as a student nurse and make 24 bux an hour all summer long...and I also fill in the gaps with care-aiding...

Manual labour sucks. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, traded in the t-shirt for a stethascope :)