Friday, July 7, 2006

things i think about...

i changed a bit of my blog. i didn't like what it was. when i made it, i liked it, but now i don't, so i changed it. i'm also experimenting with avoiding the 'shift' key. i don't think i like that for blogging, but maybe i do. i like it for my title, for now, i guess. english abandons me.

i had the day off today. i spent it here, in front of this computer, hax0ring the baddies on counterstrike. i bought other games recently, to purge me from my addiction. that failed. i still play CS, and now i have less money than i did before. isn't that depressing. i have a fair bit of cash though. staying at home and doing nothing but working lets me save a fair chunk of change. that's encouraging. i have about 3k now. half of what i should have at the end of the summer, and we're about half way done the summer. so, that's alright i guess. i bought a digital camera, and some aforementioned computer games, but that's about it. hopefully there won't be another large expense this summer. then i can live in an apartment, with ben, and that'll be alright.






i took some pictures the other day, when i wasn't just sitting here. none that i'm specifically proud of. i'm not much of a photographer. i'm hoping that'll change. i did drop $400 on a camera. i'm pretty sure it's a good one.







my dad is in abbotsford area. doing stuff. maybe for work, maybe for school. i don't really know. i don't think it matters too much. he'll be back tomorrow, with my sister, and maybe her husband. laura and aaron. that'll be interesting. i guess. laura misses me. i don't miss her. is that bad? shrug.

i ate chicken and pasta for supper today. it was good. i wish i had more of it right now, but then again, i did just brush my teeth.

i got another email from a person who's email i lost. they want me to write an article for a mennonite christian magazine. i lost that email again. i don't know how, but i did. i guess it just wasn't meant to be. anyways, i tried writing the article a few times now, and it never works. it's just not legit, you know? the stupid article is supposed to be about 'a time in the younger years that inspired faith'. my mind goes all over the place on that. like, what the hell is faith in the first plcae? and they want just a 'moment' that inspired faith? like, when jesus came down to me next to my bed, shook me out of my sleep and said, 'hey, douche, believe in me or i'll make you impotent'? well, no. faith isn't born out of some miraculous magical moment in my 'younger years'. it was a decision that i've made, and will continue to make.

i just realized that sometimes i like to bold and italics things. i think i'll go back through this post and do that a bunch.

yeah.

that was fun.

i spent the entire day not wearing a shirt. that would, normally, make the day good. but today just hurt my head. too much computer screen, not enough daylight. but it was thundering here, so the light isn't my fault. i wouldn't have got any sun anywhere i was today.




i also spent the day with my hair tied back. i'm a dirty, dirty man.
i do like my facial hair though. makes me feel rugged. also, i hate shaving.




life in kelowna sorta just pisses me off. i don't really have any friends. i thought i had a few, but then they ditched me. seems to be the standard of what people do to me. maybe i deserve it. maybe i'm such an asshole that i simply drive them away. and here i am, thinking that all i want is someone to hangout with. sigh. so depressed.

8 comments:

Michael LaRoy said...

No friends, eh? I haven't got people here in coquitlam to hang out with either, but the nearest place that does probably isn't as far as it is for you. Not trying to make you feel worse, but just remember: there are always people who care about you. That's something that I'm learning too at the moment. And no, it's not bad to not miss your sister. Hang in there, slugger, you're halfway through.

ChrisTopher said...

aaw, Alan Schram!
I bet most of your "friends" are also saying the same things you are saying! Just pick up the phone and call someone!
I have been forced away from my computer as of late and have not played counterstrike in more than 3 weeks now. My motherboard is shot and it overheats after my computer is on for a few minutes. Today it is a bit of a cooler day so it has stayed on long enough to write a few emails and check a few blogs. Yay. Tomorrow I might just go out to NCIX (there is a store in Langley now, yay) and buy myself a shibby new system. I only need the guts like a chip, mobo, ram, HD, and vid card. But I do plan on spending around 700-1000 on it...heh heh heh...It will be nice. This one is 5 years old and I will finally be able to play *new* games and also CS on max res and still getting more than 60 fps. Too bad NCIX wasn't open today because I would just go get it right now.

What kind of camera did you get?

alan.schram said...

I got a Canon A610. She's pretty. I forgot to take it with me to Kelly O's tonight, curses. I've been thinking about upgrading my baby for awhile now too. She's good, but not perfect. The problem is that I have a nice AGP graphics card that I want to last me for awhile longer, so a new mobo/chipset upgrade is probably out of the question. I'll probably just spring for a case/ps/ram upgrade. That should be good for another year or two then. I can play all the "new" games now, so I'm happy for today.

And no, my "friends" are not saying the same thing. I call them, they don't call back.

ChrisTopher said...

Those cheeky bastards. I'll call you one day and we can "hang out" online :) Soon as I get my new computer I'm going to pwn your GoAT ass. I have kind of picked what I want within my budget. I'm going to keep my Antec case and p/s and also my dvd-burner...and I'm then going to buy 2 drive enclosures for my 2 HD's (80gig's each) because they will not be compatible with my new mobo. I'm going to get an AMD 3800+ AM2 chip, 2g of ram (Mushkin HL2 DDR2), ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe ATX AM2 Nforce 590 SLI motherboard (sooo nice..), Segate 320gig HD, and I'm a little tossed on what vid card I'm going to get..right now I think I'm settling on a evga 6800 GS but that might change...I think those are all the important bits and peices. I already have everything else like a good speaker set, and a pretty sweet LCD display. I can't wait...Probrably going to pick this stuff up tomorrow. depends if I get my line of credit for school approved....I need a computer for school!!

Ben said...

Holy computer geek-out, batman.
(Speaking of Batman... bought new Batman comic today. It made me happy.)

I also paid for a haircut for the first time in a while.

I have my workfriends, but that's about it. On my day off, I just do stuff on my own... Heh. I just realized. The Torotonian friends that I have, I've gotten them all jobs at Centreville, where I work. So I really don't have any non-work friends out here anymore... Hunh.

I also now own three volumes of that Zombie comic book I was telling you about.

I think I'm done talking.

alan.schram said...

I'm atrying to avoid paying for a haircut, personally.

ChrisTopher said...

the thing I hate more than paying for a hair cut is paying for a CRAPPY haircut. I love having lots of fine blond hair, but NO ONE can cut it properly except my barber in Kelowna! So I have to match my hair-cuts with holidays and everything is kosure.

Anonymous said...

id be your friend... but i stopped getting checks in the mail...once payment resumes friendship will be there.... JOKING. jon poon thinks youre really cute. reeeeaaaaalllly cute. too bad hes in hong kong, hed be a gooooood friend