Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dry Socket

Wisdom Teeth sockets are troublesome.

So, 8 full days after getting my Wisdom Teeth removed, I still have a lot of pain. At first, I thought that I was just being a wuss, and that I should be able to take it. However, while I was at work last night, I sneezed.

And that hurt, my jaw, and my wisdom teeth sockets, a lot.

So I looked up dry socket again, to reinform myself of their symptoms, which are:

  • Partial or total loss of the blood clot at the extraction site, which you may notice as an empty-looking (dry) socket
  • Visible bone in the socket
  • Pain that increases between one and three days after tooth extraction and that typically becomes severe and unrelenting
  • Pain that radiates from the socket to your ear or eye on the same side of your face
  • Bad breath or a foul odor coming from your mouth
  • Unpleasant taste in your mouth
  • Swollen lymph nodes around your jaw or neck
I have 5 of the 7. While my pain may not be jaw-dropping (ha!), it does seem to be quite "unrelenting", and spreads from my sockets to my chin and forehead. When I sneezed yesterday I got the same taste in my mouth that I got when I first had them removed. That weird bloody/puss taste. Delicious.

So anyways, now my assumption is that I have dry socket, which sucks, hard.

Meanwhile, I still can't eat anything crunchy without suffering dearly for it. I just want to eat some chips, or a toasted sandwhich, or lettuce!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the best Patch Management tool for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central software distribution
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!