Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Hopeful Conclusion

Well, I think the burden of the wisdom teeth is coming to a pass. For 9 days I was on pain killers, and yesterday I managed to make it through the entire day without taking one.

Now, I did feel pain, and brushing my teeth sucks, and eating is often less than pleasant, but overall I believe that the pain threshold has been lowered, and that gives me hope. I was supposed to go to a dentist on Friday, but I never got around to it until the afternoon, by which time it was too late for the offices, which are reopened on Monday. So my only choice was to wait it out, and I'm pretty glad that I did.

Ideally, from here the pain will eventually entirely recede, and I can return to eating normally. Worst case scenario, something gets infected, which would be a thrill within itself.

But hey, here's hoping that the saga has concluded, and this is something I can tell my children about when they get theirs removed with lasers.

No comments: