Sunday, June 4, 2006

Do You Ever...

Catch yourself telling a story that you know isn't funny, or amusing, but you tell it anyways? I have a few stories that, whenver reminded, I tell because I feel the need to. Whether it's simply force of habit by now, or if it's because I'm trying to convince myself that it really IS cool, I don't know. I just tell it anyways, watch the bored/disinterested response with no surprise, and move on. Yet I don't stop. Do you?

One story I tell is such:

One summer, my mentor Graham was working at Gardom Lake Bible Camp. He had just finished a semester of school at CBC. While at CBC, Graham got into the habit of saying "Oh sorry, I'm just drunk" as an excuse whenever he screwed up, made a mistake, etc. Sadly, this transfered over to Graham's campers, and he'd sometimes tell his 8 year old friends that he was drunk before he caught himself.

Personally, I find this amusing. Others, however, do not.

Please, tell me your lame stories that nobody is amused by. Perhaps this will be the last retelling.

No comments: