Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Blogging Life

Why do I blog?

I used to blog a lot. When I was working security at good ol' CBC, there ain't much else to do at 4:30AM but write about how much I like girls, kittens, and various inanimate objects. When you have no friends, it is easy to write about all your inmmost thoughts and feelings. When the people who affect your thoughts and feelings read your blog, you can get in trouble.

I don't blog much anymore. I haven't for about a year straight, maybe more. Last summer I wrote a bit because I was at home in Kelowna, where again, I had no friends. This past year at school I didn't blog, and this summer I didn't blog, for various reasons.

Yet I'm considering blogging again.

If you ever read "how to blog" on the internet, the first thing they'll tell you to do is find a theme and run with it. Surely someone out there desires to read about origami, or about what you make your child for lunch everday, or about the thoughts and ramblings of internet personalities. If I blog again, I will not have a theme.

I'm considering doing some sincere soul searching over the next eight months, and perhaps I will allow you to come on that journey with me. Perhaps I will not.

This post is not to say that I'm going to start blogging again. This post is to say that I'm going to consider it. You have been sufficently warned.

No comments: